Friday, September 17, 2010

Ugh

So a week or two ago I had a cold. Nasty bugger. Took a ton of Nyquil and Dayquil, but I recovered and went on my merry way cursing allergies and generally being awesome.

The cold, not content with being defeated so easily, has returned for round two. And this time, it's personal.

But in all seriousness, I've been coming down with a cold for the past few days and now it's struck in full force. Which sucks, because tomorrow (today, I suppose. Problems of writing this at 1 AM...) I'm locking myself in the room and cranking out two papers so help me god. But in the meantime, UGH. This SUUUUUUUCKS. It feels like my brains are attempting escape through my nose.

In other news, I became the Governor of a small southern state today. Well, not really. In Poli. Sci. we're doing a simulation of the constitutional convention and we needed a governor for our 'state' so I volunteered. Who knew it was that easy? Otherwise the day was pretty lazy. I was going to work out but wasn't quite feeling up to it so I walked around campus taking pictures. Considering the size of U of I, that's quite a decent walk. I went all the way from the South Quad to Beckman (aka Ass End of Nowhere) and then to a study session for my first test before going to the floor cookout.

The coming two weeks are going to suck and rock at the same time. Monday is my first test this year in my bio class, so that's why I had the study session today. Thursday and Friday I have papers due before I head home to get a dress for my uncle's wedding and then Saturday is reserved for Halo Reach with Jim. Sunday I'll head back for a week of insanity. Two tests, two birthdays, and the RA application will come out. Excuse me while my brain explodes.

All that and I'm still not including homework and readings and other things I want to do. Lawd have mercy.

So I took advantage of tonight and chilled with Kathleen, Jenna, Ben, and Timmy. We watched Ghost Adventures, which is like Ghost Hunters but with about five hundred times more douchebags. And I swear to all things holy, if Valve does not ride their ass about using the sound effect for the Witch in L4D I will have issues. Seriously. Not cool. Then we watched Shawshank Redemption, which was cool since it has Morgan Freedman. Awesome. Also knitted a ton for the scarf I'm making. It isn't pretty since I accidentally added stitches and then had to bring it back (I went from 35 across to 42. How did that even happen?!) but now it looks pretty decent. Besides, it'll get folded so people can't tell anyways, right? I hope.

Ugh. Feel like I got hit with a bus. Time to take some Nyquil and continue the fight against this cold. Wish me luck and drop me a line. I love phone calls/texts....makes me feel less lonely and homesick.

Song of the Day: Overrated by Thriving Ivory

<3 Erin

1 comment:

  1. yeah, the "tomorrow"/"today" thing is tricky for me, too. Because I'm always up till like 4am. So if it's like 2am Tuesday and I'm trying to reference Tuesday-after-I-fall-asleep-and-then-wake-up-again, I call that "aftersleep" rather than "today" or "tomorrow"

    ReplyDelete