Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sugar Sweet

So I don't know what's been going on around campus, but it feels like it's couples week. I've seen so many people holding hands or cuddling or kissing that it's insane. Part of me says "Aww, that's so cute" but another part is yelling "OH SURE RUB IT IN".

Okay, let's all be honest. Anyone who's been in a long distance relationship (if it worked or not doesn't matter) can attest to this fact: it SUUUUCKS. Majorly. Still, someone did say that absence makes the heart grow fonder and I can't argue with that in the slightest. Distance and leaving suck, but when you get to see that person again it's so awesome.

My roommate this year has a boyfriend (who coincidentally lives a floor down from us. That's about how long distance they get. Lucky.) and they're adorable together. We often joke that they're trying to give us diabetes by being so sweet. Still, she's awesome enough to joke back that my boyfriend and I are giving them a run for their money. It makes me think...every relationship can be different.

For example, my roommate and her man have matching hoodies that they like to wear on occasion. It certainly has a certain 'awww' factor to it. My boyfriend and I play Halo together, which is kinda nerdy but cute in a nerd way. They have the same classes and similar majors. We don't even go to the same school (Yet. Hopefully.). They will on occasion plan to wear similar outfits (the hoodies). Us, not so much. Hell, an AC-130 flew over my head the other day and I told him that it made me think of him. That's sweet.

I guess it's different for everyone. And that's totally okay. ^_^

In other (Less mushy) news, I went to a bar for the first time last night. No, I did not get drunk. I only danced with some of my friends...It was okay. I'm not sure I enjoyed it too much and don't think I'll go again too soon, but it was a good thing to do once. Since it was a gay bar I got to see some interesting stuff...like my first Drag Queen. That was kinda fun. I also scared off a creepy guy just by giving him a glare. See, I can be scary!

Battle plan for today? Laundry, writing some letters, and maybe Tae Kwon Do with Adam later but I'm not counting on that. XP

Song of the day: Missing You (the new version by Orianthi. Youtube it.)

<3 Erin

2 comments:

  1. Long distance is hard. It does make you stronger, but I know that doesn't make it any easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Playing Halo can now be considered a romantic activity. Yay nerds. =)

    ReplyDelete