Monday, September 13, 2010

Growing Up

I think today, for the first time, I felt like a college student.

It was an odd feeling. It just came out of nowhere...I finished my bio class and had to take the bus to Wall-Mart so without a second thought I just hopped onto the bus. The one I jumped on wouldn't take me all the way, so I just transferred to a different one. I was just sitting there and I realized that had you asked me to do that a few years ago I would have flipped out. Funny how things change, I suppose.

As a kid you always think growing up is going to be this horrible scary experience that just sort of happens...like it all comes at once. It's not. Slowly, oh so slowly you move into a more mature role. Tonight at dinner I was talking with some friends about moving into an apartment like it was no big deal. So strange...it feels like just yesterday I was a freshman in high school. So much I've already done and seen and in the whole scheme I'm just getting started.

Not sure what really made me start thinking about this.

Also, if anyone can teach me how to knit, that'd be awesome.

Song of the day: Come What May from Moulin Rouge

<3 Erin

1 comment:

  1. "Growing Up". Hm. Some people talk about the process like they turned into a totally different person. But I've always felt that I'm still me inside. Sure, I'm taller and smarter and I have more responsibilities, but the important bits of me are still the same.

    But as for seeing the difference between high school and college, I think for me the big marker was that I could wake up at like 10am (I had a great schedule). After all I went through in high school, it's always great to wake up without an alarm clock.

    ReplyDelete