Thursday, June 2, 2011

Infinity

"Because nothing in this universe happens just once, Angela. Nothing. Infinity goes in both directions. There's no unique event, no singular moment." - Bones

And once again, I'm late. I think this is becoming a horrible trend. I really really need to get better about this...but the past couple days I've been laid up sick with a nasty cold.

This quote comes from one of my favorite TV shows, Bones, but it's true. The character speaking is comforting a friend who's afraid she's lost her only chance at love, and she says that line. It's brilliant because it's true. Nothing happens just once, no matter how incredible and fantastic it may seem. Slightly pessimistic, yes, but I like the idea that no matter what, we're always getting a second chance at everything we want. Be it love or a job or whatever.

My sister is out of high school! HOLY COW! Way to go Jess!

We ran the ten mile race on Monday. I was really proud because I was sick and it was hot as hell, but we finished! My time was one hour, forty two minutes and twenty seconds. That's a ten minute mile pace on average. Oh, and I totally beat my dad and my sister! If only by a few seconds, but that felt so good. Thanks so much to Ashlyn, Jim, and Bobert for coming and meeting me at the finish, despite the fact that I was sweaty and soaked from the fire hose.

Whoever had the idea to put a hose at the end of the race was a flipping genius.

My next big run will be the half marathon in July! I'm putting off training runs until I'm recovered from this cold, but then it's back to business. July is going to be JAM-PACKED. Hopefully going to the karate seminar in Boston, which will be so cool. Plus training to get my orange belt. Jim seems confident I can get it by the time summer is out, but now I'm not so sure. I feel like there's so much I need to know that I don't.

But summer is infinite right now! There's so much to do and it's all out there for me to do! Writing, knitting, working, playing on the beach...I'm so excited.

Lately I've hit writer's block. I know where my story is supposed to go, but getting there is being a pain. If anyone has an idea for killing writer's block, I'd love to hear it.

Also, special happy birthday shoutout to my roommate Amanda! Happy birthday lovely!

Song of the Day: Feel My Love by ADELE

Days till Birthday: 17

<3 Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment