Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Comprehensive

"First, I must tell you I've been the most unmitigated and comprehensive ass." - Mr. Bingley

Oh Pride and Prejudice. How I love this movie.

And once again, I'm late. I think I'll just move updates to Wednesdays since karate on Tuesdays and Thursdays completely throws me off.

OH, and speaking of karate, I've got a great story to tell. One of the students in class is a guy probably in his forties and a father of two. Nice guy, his heart is in the right place, but he can be kind of a chauvinist. Google that if you don't know what it means. At any rate, he can be kind of awkward when it comes to making comments about Jim and I, since we're in the same class and dating. So last night we were practicing self defense and I was having trouble putting on the arm bar (basically the position where it hurts your attacker and you can break the arm if need be) so Sensei was giving me some tips that I promptly practiced on Jim. Twas good times, we were all laughing and enjoying ourselves when this other student remarked something to the tune of "I'm afraid of what you two are going to do on your wedding night."

Cue jaws hitting floor, me turning bright red and wanting to sink into the floor, and Jim wanting to murder this other student.

Again, his heart is in the right place...but DUDE! Not okay. Jim spoke to him about it and hopefully that'll be the end of it. But it was...interesting to say the least.

On a happier note, there's a nest of robins outside my window! No babies that I can see, but I'm hopeful.

And on the good news track, I finally quit Steak 'n' Shake! After two years of hating it, I'm free! No more coming home smelling of shame and french fry oil, wanting to murder everyone there. This summer I'm working at Famous Footwear and I'm really enjoying myself so far. It's odd....am I supposed to enjoy my work? This is so new to me.

My sister is graduating on Saturday. It's wild...The last member of my family is graduating high school. She's headed off to Colorado for school in the fall, I'm headed back to U of I, and my brother is off to NIU. My parents are empty nesters! Holy cow! But it's weird. Only a few more years and I'll be graduating from college, making me (hopefully) the first one out of school.

Saw Clive yesterday. He almost flew into my face. Clive, way to be a total ass.

Oh, and my birthday is almost a month away! I'll no longer be a teenager! so many crazy changes...I've been on this planet almost two decades now! Wow!

Later today my friend Ashlyn is coming over. We're going to paint our nails and watch movies and draw probably. Grand times.

Song of the Day: King of Pride Rock by the Lion King Broadway cast

Days till Race: FIVE!

<3 Erin

1 comment: