Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wilde

Moving from flowers, I'm now on quotes.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" ~ Oscar Wilde

We've just finished covering Wilde in our British Literature class, and I've always thought Wilde was tremendously funny. Very witty too. Hooray for the Irish!

But it's true. In a sense, we're all in a similar spot on the planet, and most of the time we scurry about looking at the ground or the things around us. But there are some who turn their gaze upwards, looking for better things.

Well, I've got about six weeks left of school and it's not getting any easier. I'm working hard with plenty of books to read and papers to write. Got a Spanish exam tomorrow, so I've been prepping for that as best I can.

My last run was kinda blah. I started feeling bad about halfway through, but I still finished about an 8 minute mile pace, which is good. Got a four mile run tomorrow, then a five mile on Saturday. Slowly, oh so slowly the mileage is moving up. I'm really enjoying running, which is good. I never thought that I would.

This week is tech week for Arsenic and Old Lace! This show has a special place in my heart since it was the first show I ever stage managed on my own. But it's funny. Really funny! If you ever get the chance to see it onstage or the movie version, I highly recommend doing so. The movie version has pretty much the entire Broadway cast, so no complaints there. If you're going to be hanging around U of I this weekend, we'll be in the Channing - Murray Foundation, 5$ to get in. Worth every penny. I'll be the one off to the side with the light board.

Warm weather again! I'm so happy. This means running outside, not wearing ten thousand layers to and from class, and of course, summer. I will almost inevitably complain about the heat/humidity once it's here, but I really do love summer. I guess I'm just a summertime kind of person!

I wish I could write more for ya'll, but I've got studying to do and it's getting late. Much love and I can't wait to see ya'll soon!

Weeks Till Summer: 5.5

Song of the Day: F**K YOU by Cee Lo Green

<3 Erin

P.S. I'm looking for beta readers for a project of mine! Any takers?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with school.


    Beta reading sounds good to me. What's the project?

    ReplyDelete