Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Greatness

"A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there...and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach it can be all you think about. You can focus on it and try to force it but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient and you hold still maybe...just maybe...it'll come to you." - Church, Red vs Blue

I adore this quote. The show itself is pretty hilarious, so this moment of seriousness really startled me at first. But it's true. When you try so hard to get something, it always seems JUST out of reach. But when you stop searching so hard for it and let it just come to you...it usually does.

Kind of like those stories you always hear about how a boy/girl goes through bad relationships and eventually swears off finding their significant other all together (I refrain from saying the opposite sex since it would be excluding homosexuals and I love all ya'lls). And of course, just as he/she does that, the perfect companion waltzes in and sweeps him/her off their feet. You just have to be patient and wait for it. It can be hard and frusterating and maddening and speaking as someone with little to no paitence I understand that.

Trust me, some things are worth the wait.

There are some KILLER thunderstorms happening outside right now. The sky was lighting up all purple and blue...so pretty. I don't know what it is about thunderstorms that I find fascinating, but they are. Nature is insane...she can produce more electricity in a single lightning bolt than humanity ever could. Just as long as I don't get hit, I'm more than content to watch it light up the sky. Fireworks have NOTHING on this.

This week is insane. I've got five papers to work on (two re-writes, three to turn in), although I turned in one today. One down, two to go. That and I finished one of Ashlyn's gloves. It's amazing, and I have to do one more for her. I think I'll need another skein of yarn though....maybe Amazon has something.

Running has been all right. Six miles last Saturday, three yesterday...although yesterday's run wasn't fantastic. What is it about running in Champana? It seems like no matter what direction I'm going, I'm always running INTO the wind. How is that even POSSIBLE?! It shouldn't be possible, but it is. And no, I'm not going that fast, nature just hates me.

Went on an insane reading kick this evening, which is why this post is late. I started (and finished) the graphic novel Fun Home, two chapters in my history text book, a chapter in the history source book, plus twenty pages in my geology textbook. But I really needed to knock this stuff out, so I feel better about it.

This evening I had a FANTASTIC skype chat with my friend Jimmy. I spent an hour talking to him about the story that I've been working on and we worked out ideas and bounced them off each other, ironing out all the little details that most people wouldn't think about. Then he spent an hour telling me about his projects, which I always love to hear about. It's rare that I can talk to someone about what I'm working on like this, so it's always a pleasure when we're both on at the same time and can talk. We both start talking so fast because we get excited...Although I start to get loud, which I felt bad for when I realized that yes, my roommate probably DOES want to do homework tonight.

I remember years ago I promised my seventh grade English teacher that when I got a book published I would send him the first copy. Don't worry Shea, I'll get that book out there one day. I'm going to be famous, just wait and see.

Weeks Till Summer: 3

Song of the Day: F**king Perfect by P!nk

<3 Erin

1 comment:

  1. "Trust me, some things are worth the wait."

    Indeed. Is there a particular thing you are waiting for?

    "This week is insane. I've got five papers to work on"

    Bah school. Good luck with all that.

    "This evening I had a FANTASTIC skype chat with my friend Jimmy."

    I liked it too. =) =)

    "I remember years ago I promised my seventh grade English teacher that when I got a book published I would send him the first copy. Don't worry Shea, I'll get that book out there one day. I'm going to be famous, just wait and see."

    Indeed. I, too, have early supporters to send books to.

    ReplyDelete