Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Speak

"A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him." - Unknown


I love this quote. I don't know where I heard it, who said it, or why I like it, but I do.

The weather is getting to be SO nice. Not quite warm enough for shorts just yet, but it's getting there. Soon though. Lots to read, lots of papers to write and re-write. I'm really enjoying most all my classes except for History. It's not that the material couldn't be interesting, it's just that my TA is really opinionated. If our opinion doesn't match hers, it's wrong. It frustrates me to no end. But I'm doing my best.

It's so hard to keep focused now. All I want to do is go outside, run, knit on the lawn, read, and write stories. Which is puzzling since all I do now is go to class, run, read, and write essays. Not too much different. I guess I'm just ready to be home. Summer is coming and I'm so close I can taste it! Not literally though, that would be funky. I suspect it would taste like sunscreen and lemonade. There's so much I want to do...spend time outside, run, for sure go to Michigan, maybe go on a road trip (that would be awesome!), go to karate, go to Boston for Karate...

And hey, even though my gloves were screwed up for a while there I fixed it! Thank you Christy, for helping so much! Now I can continue as usual. For a while there I was afraid I'd have to tear out the whole thing and start over. Crisis averted.

Running has been all right. I'm trying to set a race pace, but I keep going faster than I intend to. Which I guess is all right for now, but on long runs it's going to really suck. I did a five mile run on Saturday that was really terrible. I kept cramping up and ended up walking a decent amount. Well, I'm doing another five tomorrow. Hopefully I can redeem myself then.

I've been on such a writing kick lately. Nothing for class (of course.) but just for fun. It's really nice, but I want to focus on these papers for class and all I have bouncing around in my head are character ideas and plot twists I want to toy with. When I get home for summer I plan on spending the days outside doing awesome things and the evenings writing. Huzzah.

Summer has been on my brain all the time. Blue skies, warm weather, flowers, and the smell of the beach. There's something I really love; the smell of summer. To me, summer smells like the lake or ocean, sunscreen, bug spray, humidity, and fresh cut grass. Smell is the sense most closely tied to memory, which is pretty cool. I don't know why smell is so fascinating to me lately. I've noticed that people have a certain smell to them and everyone's smell is unique (not in a bad way!). I mean, sure, you don't think you smell but you do on a subtle level. I read somewhere that humans can subconsciously detect these smells and by using that we're attracted or not attracted to people. Wild, huh?

Weeks Till Summer: 4.5

Song of the Day: Don't Stop Believin' by Journey (And you will now have this stuck in your head for the rest of the day. You're welcome.)

<3 Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment