Monday, March 7, 2011

Rose

"That which we call a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet..."

Oh Shakespeare. Roses have been a favorite flower of mine for a long time. They come in so many different colors and sizes. Also I've been on a Doctor Who kick and the first companion I got to know was Rose (with Nine. You never forget your first doctor!).

Remember how last week I said that school had calmed down? Oh, that was silly of me to say. I'm right back at it, with tests and papers and midterms all before the break. Honestly, it's nuts. Plus I'm going to talk to a bunch of my TA's/Professors about recent test scores so I can try and improve.

Still adjusting to the pixie cut. It's so weird...I've got super short hair now. Super short hair is cool though.

This past weekend was fun, but I got slammed with one hell of a cold. I do not approve at all. So the past few days I've been off of running, but otherwise I've been so good about it! But the weather is getting nicer. Still cold and gross (Hello typical Illinois weather, how are you?), but improving every day. Daylight hours keep getting longer and longer. I can't wait.

On the knitting front, I've finally finished my most recent project, which is my mom's scarf! Huzzah! I'm still working on a baby blanket for my cousin, which is taking longer than usual because A) it's freaking huge. 123 stitches across. B) I had to rip parts out which was annoying. C) when attempting to ball the yarn, it conspired against me to create a huge knot of doom, which took almost an hour to try and untangle. Not okay, yarn. I'm thinking up next will be a hat and of course, a pair of gloves for my friend Ashlyn. The knitting circle is talking about a bar crawl. I'm all for it, although I'll pass on the drinking. I'll just take my knitting thank you very much.

Debating making a shirt for my two races over the summer. One ten mile race in May and one half marathon in July. If I do it, what's going on the back is "Go until it hurts...then go a little farther." Thank you Master Dunne for the saying.

Finished Neuromancer last week. I thought it was good, but confusing. I had a real problem with not knowing anything about the world I was put into, which sucked. Still, a good read. Up next is Red Mars, which so far is pretty good. In the first thirty pages there's a murder, so I'm all for it.

Still waiting to hear back from the secondary education program. They did say I should know before Spring Break, so that leaves them less than two weeks to tell me. Fingers crossed!

Over all, a pretty kickin' week. On deck for this week: A paper due on Thursday, 200 pages to read in Red Mars, 200 pages to read in Hard Times by Charles Dickens, and a lot of other readings to do. That's right kids, I might have to read the majority of two novels in less than a week. And let me tell you, that text is pretty small.

Spring Break Countdown: T minus 11 days

Song of the Day: Sweet Caroline by Niel Diamond (we're getting classic this week)

<3 Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment