Monday, February 21, 2011

White Patchouli

I think for the next month I'll put the title as flowers. I have a perfume that has white patchouli in it. Patchouli has a more musky smell, almost woody. Very pleasant and calming and supposedly helps reduce stress.

This week is going to be nuts. Lots of tests and papers to write, but I'm going home this weekend! And one's already down! Kinda nervous about it (history exam first thing in the morning. Not fun) but I did the best I could.

Honestly, friends, NEVER let me stay away from home for six weeks again. It sucks. SO BAD. So this weekend I'm headed home and going sledding. I'm also doing something crazy and getting my hair cut short. More on that next week when I actually cut it. Also going to see the musical at my high school. Finally, time to relax and enjoy the weekend again.

Since I have been so stressed lately I'm trying some things to help relieve stress. Aside from getting more sleep, I'm experimenting with aromatherapy. I've got a little candle that smells good and has some smells that are supposed to help with stress, so we'll see how that works. At any rate, the room smells nice as opposed to traditional college musk.

Physically I'm feeling much better. Appetite is back, although running is still not quite back. I'm going for three miles after class today, so we'll see how that works.

I've been reading up a storm for class. In the past week I finished Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility, Philip K. Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, Ursula K. LeGuin's The Left Hand of Darkness, and started William Gibson's Neuromancer. Austen was okay, I liked Pride and Prejudice better. DADoES was pretty good and some of you might recognize it as the inspiration for the movie Blade Runner. I really ennoyed Left Hand of Darkness, although it was really weird. So far I'm not crazy about Neuromancer, but we'll see.

It's raining today. I like it better than snow, but I'd much rather see sunshine. Oh well. Soon it will be nice out again. In the mean time I get to wear my rain boots with matching rain boot socks. Thanks Mom! They're super cozy.

Song of the Day: How Sweet It Is by Michael Buble

<3 Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment