Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

Well hello world! It appears I've returned. These past few weeks have been nuts for me...midterms just ended so that was a few weeks of my life spent stressing. My phone died so I had to go on adventure that culminated in me getting a pretty sweet new phone (full keyboard and touch....I feel so fancy). Same number, so nobody freak out.

This past weekend my uncle got married, so that was a ton of fun. I'm very happy since the wedding was beautiful, but I love his new wife, my new aunt. Once again, congrats!

Also, I'm very happy to say that my cousin finally had her baby! Morgan Joan was born on October 18th at 4:47 PM. From the pictures I've seen, she's absolutely beautiful. More congrats to my cousin and her husband for bringing such a beautiful young woman into the world!

As for me, my business hasn't stopped since coming back to school. I ended up dropping my Poli Sci class since my first test was a 66/100 and the professor doesn't believe in curves. The kicker? Class average was 68/100. Yeah, I got out at the last moment, thankfully. In the meantime I've been trying to decide to live in an apartment or take a post as an RA. I put in the application for RA yesterday, but I'm looking at apartments in the meantime. Trouble is, I'm not sure what to do. A friend of mine is in the same dilemma so we're waiting to find out what happens at the end of the semester before we make any decisions. Should the situation arise, we'll find an apartment together, which is nice. I honestly think I'd like to live in an apartment, but we'll see.

Jim was supposed to come visit this weekend but something came up so he's coming the first weekend in November instead. I understand completely that school comes first and in some ways it's better that we put this off. Gives me time to write the assload of papers that I need done, get my stuff in order, the usual. Still, it's been a stressful week and I could really use his company right now. I think I kinda spoiled myself by seeing him two weekend sin a row. Once again, I feel really left out from all the couples I know here since their significant other isn't too far away.

Maybe I just need a week off. I'd love that. Thanksgiving break is just about a month away, but it feels like FOREVER. Blargh. But it'll be worth it...at that point I should be done with a bunch of work, the production of A Few Good Men should be over, my RA interview will be done, and I can relax and go to karate with my friends. Also, see the gang! If we're lucky, we can see if Jim will come and meet you all at last (I'm talking to you, Anzer, Julia, Laura, and Janelle-face.). If not, well we can wait till New Years.

Man, this semester is both flying by and going super slow. Not sure how that's possible, but it is. On one hand days seem to drag on and on but on the other I've never got enough hours in the day to do everything I want or need to do. Just have to take it one day at a time.

Oh, I started tutoring high schoolers last week! It's a ton of fun. Sometimes frustrating, but that's all right. It comes with the territory. Here's hoping I can put in 25 hours before the end of the semester.

Song of the Day: Gonna Get Over You by Sara Bareilles on Kaleidoscope Heart

<3 Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment