Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ready, Set, Go!

Well, I'm back at school and I've hit the ground running. This semester I'm taking eighteen credit hours, which comes out to six classes. It's a TON of work already, but I'm determined to see it through. Surprisingly enough, I enjoy all my classes. Since it's just the first week I can't say which is my favorite, but Sci Fi literature looks promising. I've also gotten more into my knitting, which is a nice thing to do when I need a break. I just pick it up and put it down as I need. I've actually started on a hat, which is the first thing that I've attempted that isn't a scarf. Woo!

Some of the people from the theatre group I joined this fall actually invited me to their knitting circle on Monday nights, so I'll probably be going over there once in a while, which is nice. My current projects are as follows:

Lime green scarf for Katy
Blue and white hat
Black/colored cable knit scarf
Pink/Blue blanket for Morgan

It's nice to actually produce something that I can use and touch and even wear if I want. Heck, maybe I'll even start selling some of my pieces for money! Anyone interested?

Work on my secondary education application is coming along swimmingly. Waiting to hear from one more reference, plus editing my two essays. After that, I won't find out until mid-March. They say the week before spring break, and I don't want to wait that long! Still, I'm working hard to get in. I want this so badly!

I was surprised, but I actually won't start my half marathon training until April 3rd. It's a sixteen week program that has me running three times a week. I thought there would be more to it than that, but that of course doesn't mean that it'll be easy. I'm also looking at starting a karate club in Allen so I can keep up with my karate while I'm here.

This summer looks like it'll be busy as far as karate goes. There's a seminar in Boston that I've been invited to go to, and I'd love to go but I need to convince the parents. Still waiting to hear back on cost and other stuff. Even so, I'm working hard. If I'm lucky, I might be ready to take another belt test by next winter!

As some of you have noticed, I can't seem to keep a theme for this blog. I'd love to create one that features boxes, since the title is 'Erin in a Box'. I can sketch out some ideas, but that's as far as I can take it. Anyone an expert in blog layouts and willing to help me out here?

Song of the Day: Best of Me by Michael Buble

<3 Erin

1 comment:

  1. Message from the future: you got in to secondary ed. yay =)

    ReplyDelete