Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Moment to Moment

“You breathe in and out; you breathe in and you breathe out, and you live one moment into the next moment, and then time goes by, and you find you’re able to put one foot in front of the other.” ~Gloria Vanderbilt

So once again, I cannot keep an update schedule to save my soul. I'm posting this now before I don't have time again.

It's been a crazy past couple of weeks. For those of you curious, I moved in just fine...

It was the bronchitis the following week that really killed me.

Yeah...that was fun. Took another week and a half off running because hey, I like breathing. JUST got off the various meds they had me on, and just as I'm feeling better, life slaps me in the face and says "Free time? LOL NO" and thus I have not been running.

This weekend is the Illini Swing Society's workshop, Lindypalooza, and I'm in charge of volunteers AND setting up the big Halloween Dance. Plus I've been hunting for apartments for next year, PLUS trying to get all my projects and stuff done before Thanksgiving break....

Needless to say, I'm TIRED.

Which I'm reflecting, is how I've felt pretty much since I've arrived back to school. Tired. Emotionally drained. I don't know how to fully explain it. Physically I know I'm fine, but my mind is worn out. I should know by now this is just how things work. First semester drags on and on because U of I likes to smash all the long weekends into a week-long Thanksgiving extravaganza, so we're all like zombies come November 18th, but Spring semester has a nice break right in the middle, which makes it better.

So I'm in the October slump. Or I have been since...August....

That doesn't seem right.

But I CANNOT wait to get home for Thanksgiving break. Plenty of time off, plenty of time for karate and friends and family and not doing anything but National Novel Writing Month and knitting and whatever I WANT!

But I've got to get there first. One step at a time, one foot in front of the other. I can do this, I just have to make it there.

What I need is a good 24 hours sleep, a massage, a hot bath, and then another 24 hours sleep. Considering that I'm usually only getting 6-7 hours a night (sorry mom and dad, I know you're looking at this, but I've been trying to get work done) I could really use some down time.

Which, you know...maybe I should do that now instead of writing a blog?

But in the future, keep a look out for:
~ More posts! Holy crap!
~ Updates for National Novel Writing Month
~ Progress towards running the Illinois Marathon in April
~ KNITTING. KNITTING EVERYWHERE.
~ Adventures in English Education!
~ And other general madness!

Song of the Day: Broken by Lifehouse

<3 Erin

1 comment:

  1. Gah...it's sad that you're so drained all the time. You've got to find a way to relax, and not just during breaks either. Your normal day-to-day existence should not be this stressful.

    ReplyDelete